I’m John Moser, Editor of Stereo Analogue England – takes on the 1970s – a semi-annual paper publication addressing cultural and political issues from a distant turbulent time, which went some way, along with the 1960s and 1980s, to shape the world we inhabit today.
The theme of the magazine can be summarized as follows: a musical Granta with heart and soul, containing a series of essays on various subjects from the period 1970-1979. Also included will be photography and illustration.
There are two further and final parallel titles in development: Mono Analogue England – takes on the 1960s (Publisher – tbc), and Stereo Digital England – takes on the 1980s (Publisher – tbc), each with full international publishing rights available (respective English edition publisher to own & direct same). Websites www.monoanalogue.com and www.stereodigital.net have already been secured.
INTERNATIONAL PAPER PUBLISHING RIGHTS (IPPR)
The total IPPR charge, per overseas territory, will be a token consideration of 100 GBP. Rights will be sold outright i.e. without a recurring licence. Expressions of interest should be sent to the John Moser-Publisher email address stated below.
14/01/23: rights to all territories worldwide remain available.
The entire international operation will be run on a devolved, independent basis, with investments, corporate structures or major shareholdings unwilling to be entertained.
Paper publishing rights terms to Mono Analogue – takes on the 1960s – and Stereo Digital – takes on the 1980s – will be administered by the publisher of the respective English edition (see above). Expressions of interest in worldwide publishing rights to both Mono Analogue – takes on the 1960s & Stereo Digital – takes on the 1980s – should be sent in the first instance to the John Moser-Publisher email address stated below.
INTERNATIONAL DIGITAL PUBLISHING RIGHTS (IDPR)
Website developer Steven Cornes at Southampton Web Design will be handling the technicalities.
NB: local websites appended to www.stereoanalogue.com may result in content moderation, due to my legal responsibilities as owner of the entire website. A matter for civilized discussion. IDPR to merge w/ IPPR for stand-alone websites.
- A5 portrait; perfect bind
- Full colour covers; b/w throughout
- Title Page
- Contents Page
- Contributor Notes
- 100 pages written content (2,000 words/article x15 contributors)
- 15 pages photography
- 15 pages illustration
- 20 pages advertising
- Kindly contact me per editor email below if you are interested in contributing an article
- 2,000 words maximum per article
- 500 GBP/article estimated contributor payment
Local Advertising Rate
- Issue advertising rate is a flat 200 GBP + VAT @ 20% per full A5 portrait page or 100 GBP + VAT @ 20% per half A5 portrait page
- Black & white reproduction only
- Do contact me via publishing email below to discuss further
- The publication will be made available on a semi-annual basis, in January & July
- Each Editor will be responsible for a total of three issues at a time; expressions of interest in editing issue #s 4 to 6 should thus be directed to me by email below
- Publishing funds currently being sought; potential investors should contact me by publishing email below; total amount required to cover first three issues’ production costs: 70,000 GBP
|Editorial||John Moser (NSNL)
|Website Design||Steven Cornes (NSNL)
Southampton Web Design
|Website Development & Maintenance||Steven Cornes (NSNL)
Southampton Web Design
|Concept(s) Invention/Website Texts/Record Cover Votes Of Confidence||John F. Moser (NSNL)|
|NSNL||- Neurologically Sound, Numerate & Literate; Definition © 2022 John Moser (Main Objective Ltd) - free to use worldwide without licence|
Retail Price & Distribution
The retail price of the publication will be 8.99 GBP.
Publication distribution is innovative. Individuals within three high-street alternative sectors are currently sought, along with conventional record shops & bookshops:
1. The Motor Trade (Independent Garages)
2. The (Vinyl & Compact Disc) Record Industry
3. The (Printed Matter) Publishing Industry
for the purpose of hand-to-hand sales.
A 30% cut of cover price income is on offer to both outlets and individuals.
Do contact me via publishing email above to discuss the matter further.
Publisher Details & Credits
- To Be Published By – Main Objective Ltd – Commercial Publishing Services; company registration # 03197184; director John F. Moser; VAT # 810-0644-79; registered in England
- ISSN 2632-3567
- Customer Settlements – Bank Account Details: Account Name – Main Objective Ltd; Bank – Santander Business Plc; Account # 41521385; Sort Code 09-06-66; IBAN GB96ABBY09066641521385; BIC ABBYGB2LXXX
- Cover Art – provided by Google Images; copyrights remain those of the artists concerned
- Creative Locations 2018-2022 – (all London, England) – Edgware, NW9; Harlesden, NW10; Golders Green, NW11; Palmers Green, N13
- Gallery & Slideshows – dedicated to Messrs David Braid & Vincent Reid, who similarly held it all together for many years on Hornsey Road – a deep impression made on all concerned
- Outlets (Archive) & Media Past (Ally In Exile: Julian Winship) – Emporia 1985-1995 (all London, England): Dobell’s, WC2 / Honest Jon’s, W10 / Mole Jazz, WC1 / On The Beat, W1 / Ray’s Jazz Shop, WC2 / Record & Tape Exchange, NW1+W11 / Reckless Records, N1+W1 / Rough Trade, W10 / Soul Jazz, W1 / Stern’s African Record Centre, W1 / 50 Dean St, W1; John Peel’s Radio Programme, BBC Radio 1, 1985-1990; The New Musical Express 1985-1988; The Wire, 1987-1990
- Other Relevant Outlets & Press – Alan’s Records, Dub Vendor & Juno Records; Blues & Soul Magazine
- Relevant Venues (Overview) – The Jazz Cafe & The 100 Club
- Do also consult the Main Review England website
- www.stereoanalogue.com is hosted by Hooble, administered by the WordPress system and utilizes Tobias Bäthge’s TablePress; thanks also to Mark Mulrooney (previous incarnation)
- Website originally completed November 2019; revamped September 2022; last updated – 24th June 2023
- And a final acknowledgement to Tom Verlaine (decd) – for inspiring it all in a high art > main street fashion a long time ago
Published by/© 2023 Main Objective Ltd.
All Rights Reserved.